Tayside Solicitors Property Centre – Website Privacy Notice
Who we are.
Tayside Solicitors Property Centre (“TSPC”, “us” or “we”) is a company limited under the Companies Acts in Scotland (company number SC279746) and has its registered office at 9 Whitehall Crescent, Dundee, DD1 4AR. TSPC is the Data Controller over any personal data we process about you that we collect directly from you via the website or otherwise. TSPC is committed to protecting your personal data and adheres to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when processing your personal data. This privacy notice outlines what personal data TSPC collects from you through your interaction with this website www.tspc.co.uk and how we use your data. Please read through the privacy notice to understand how TSPC uses and protects the information obtained from those visiting and using its website. If you have any concerns about TSPC’s processing of your personal data or you have a general enquiry in relation to data protection please contact Lynne Hill at email@example.com or by telephone on 01382 228770.
What is personal data?
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special Category of Data: means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
We do not envisage that we will collect any special category data from you.
What personal data is TSPC processing?
- Your email address, if you choose to provide it when storing a search of a property on our website;
- Your name, email address, telephone number and any other data you provide in the message box, when requesting a viewing by email;
- How you use the website through cookies that we use on our website;
- IP addresses - we may collect information where available about your IP (internet protocol) address, operating system and browser type. This data provides us with information about users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is used to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration;
- and any other information you post, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
How do we use your personal data?
TSPC is processing your personal data only for the purpose of storing your search preferences to make it easier for you to re-run it in the future. If the status of a property on your watchlist is changed, such as a price change or the property being placed under offer, then you may receive an email to alert you to this, either from TSPC or one of our member solicitor firms. Our legal basis for this processing this personal data is that we have a
legitimate interest to ensure the website and the search functionality is as efficient and as user friendly as possible.
If you do not wish to make use of this feature then the only personal data we will collect about you through using our website is your IP address. In relation to IP addresses, we use this to inform improvements to the website and for internal system administration.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data when you make an enquiry with us is that it is in our legitimate interest to respond to any queries or requests from you, and to provide an efficient service to our member solicitors. Where we rely on legitimate interests, we have performed a balancing test to confirm that our interest doesn’t have a prejudicial impact on your rights and freedoms. The exception to this is when we collect your personal data through non-essential cookies, as we require your consent to be the legal basis for processing that type of data.
There may be certain circumstances where we will upload anonymous data to a TSPC portal that professionals (such as lawyers and surveyors) can log on and access. This is to provide information regarding the property market and the data shall be limited to housing prices and the geographical location of the property, so accurate valuations can be decided. Our legal basis for processing the data is that it is in a third party’s legitimate interest to understand the market trends and the value of properties in Tayside and the surrounding area. This data shall never directly identify you as an individual.
Where did TSPC obtain my personal data from?
The personal data (any e-mail address you provide through the website) is gathered from the information you input on the website’s “My TSPC” page. IP addresses may be collected, where available, from data subjects when they access the TSPC website.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit TSPC’s website. They do not cause your computer any harm nor do ours identify you personally, they only identify the computer being used to access the site. The cookies allow us to collect information in relation to your use of the website.
The TSPC website attempts to use two types of cookies on your computer. The first type are 3rd party tracking cookies that include Google Analytics. These help us monitor the use of our website allowing us to tailor it better to users' needs in future, measuring how you use the website, ensuring the website works properly and improving navigation.
The TSPC website also attempts to set its own cookies, which store your preferences in terms of things like Saved Searches and your Watchlist of properties. A full explanation of the cookies we set, and your tools to manage them can be found on our cookies page. Providing and withdrawing your consent for our usability cookies is available to you each time you visit.
How do I turn cookies off?
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Generally you have the option to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued or reject all cookies. Visit the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on your browser to change settings.
Most of the website functions well without cookies. If you prefer not to allow us to store cookies on your machine you should still enjoy a good experience when browsing.
Where will TSPC keep my data?
Your personal data will be stored on TSPC’s secure server located in the UK.
Will my personal data be shared with any other organisation/third parties and if so, why?
TSPC will normally only share your email address with member solicitor firms if you have requested a stored search or placed a property on your watchlist. This is to send you email alerts in relation to the saved properties, with some of those alerts coming from our member solicitor firms. If you view a property on our website and select the ‘request a viewing by email’ option then we will send an email to the member solicitor firm with any personal data that you have submitted to us using this option. The member solicitor firm will then contact you to arrange a viewing. We then use a third party system called MailStore to save a copy of the request.
We will not share your personal data with any other organisation or third parties without seeking your prior consent. An exception to this would be where we are obliged by law or regulatory obligation we are subject to; and/or (ii) where we are required to share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf. The following services are carried out by a third-party service provider: web hosting services, emailing archiving services and web design services.
In relation to sharing outwith TSPC, we take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your personal data comply with data protection legislation and protect your personal data just as we do. We only disclose personal data that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf and we ensure we have in place appropriate agreements and measures designed to provide appropriate organisational and technical measures with the aim of keeping your data safe.
Will my personal data be shared outside of the EEA?
TSPC will not share your personal data outside of the EEA without first seeking your prior consent.
Is my personal data safe?
TSPC works hard to protect your personal data and have adopted appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep it safe from unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to TSPC via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long will TSPC retain my personal data?
TSPC will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for or until such time that you withdraw your consent and exercise your right to request that TSPC stops processing your personal data. We will not use your email address for any other purpose other than to send you alerts for the properties you have selected on your watchlist. Once they are removed from our website, we will not use your email address to contact you regarding any other property and will remove your email address from our system.
Does TSPC make any automated decisions about me or profile my personal data?
TSPC does not make automated decisions about you and also does not profile your personal data.
What are my rights in relation to the personal data TSPC holds about me?
We have summarised your rights below. Please contact Lynne Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these.
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data or ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you for the purposes stated above.
- You can object to us processing your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interest and we will cease processing for the purpose you object to. An exception to this would be where we have compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: ico.org.uk
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at ico.org.uk.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal
- data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at ico.org.uk.
Third Party Links
TSPC’s website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice. However any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be communicated to you in some manner. This page was last updated on 13 March 2019.