Watch Property5 Blyth Court Kilnburn, Newport-on-Tay DD6 8BZ
3 Bed Detached Villa - Offers Over £240,000
Well maintained modern villa linked only to the neighbouring property by the garage situated within a highly desirable location.
- Modern Villa
- River Tay Views
- Lounge/Dining Room
- Kitchen & Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms
- Garage & Driveway
- Landscaped Gardens
- DG & GCH
- EPC Rating: C
- Tenure: Freehold
- TSPC Ref: 135908
Tel: 01382 200099
Request Viewing by Email
Newport, Tayport, Wormit, Gauldry, Balmerino
The opening of the Tay road bridge in 1966 ensured Dundee became easily accessible from north-east Fife.
Tayport, Newport-on-Tay and Wormit are strung along the estuary's southern bank hillside, enjoying spectacular views over the river and the two bridges. Away from the waterfront are villages like Gauldry and Balmerino, with the latter's beauty and ruined 13th Century abbey celebrated in verse by William McGonagall. It enjoys Conservation Area status.
Newport was briefly christened "New Dundee" by Guildrymen who financed development plans. The pier and inn date back to 1715 with a Telford-designed harbour built in 1820.
Tayport rubs up against the Tentsmuir Nature Reserve and is home to Scotscraig Golf Club. In times past it was known as Ferry-port on Craig, before the Victorian railway line arrived in the 1850s.
These communities may look towards Dundee for "big city" amenities but easily accessible Cupar and St Andrews also provide secondary school educational and shopping options.