Watch Property3 Bell Street, Tayport DD6 9AP
4 Bed Semi-Detached Villa - Offers Over £280,000
Deceptively spacious, traditional semi-detached cottage is situated in Tayport with generous gardens and private driveway
- Generous Living Room
- Dining/Family Room
- Breakfasting Kitchen
- 3 Double Bedrooms
- One Single Bedroom
- Two Bathrooms
- Multi-Car Driveway
- EPC Rating: D
- TSPC Ref: 134889
Tel: 01382 201000
Request Viewing by Email
Newport, Tayport, Wormit, Gauldry, Balmerino
The opening of the Tay road bridge in 1966 ensured Dundee became easily accessible from north-east Fife.
Tayport, Newport-on-Tay and Wormit are strung along the estuary's southern bank hillside, enjoying spectacular views over the river and the two bridges. Away from the waterfront are villages like Gauldry and Balmerino, with the latter's beauty and ruined 13th Century abbey celebrated in verse by William McGonagall. It enjoys Conservation Area status.
Newport was briefly christened "New Dundee" by Guildrymen who financed development plans. The pier and inn date back to 1715 with a Telford-designed harbour built in 1820.
Tayport rubs up against the Tentsmuir Nature Reserve and is home to Scotscraig Golf Club. In times past it was known as Ferry-port on Craig, before the Victorian railway line arrived in the 1850s.
These communities may look towards Dundee for "big city" amenities but easily accessible Cupar and St Andrews also provide secondary school educational and shopping options.