Watch Property34 Castle Street, Tayport DD6 9AF
2 Bed First & Second Floor Flat - Offers Over £130,000
A deceptively spacious first and second floor maisonette flat with private garden space.
- Lounge/Dining Room
- Breakfasting Kitchen
- Utility Store
- 2 Double Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- DG & Gas CH
- Private Garden
- EPC Rating: D
- TSPC Ref: 132882
Newport, Tayport, Wormit, Gauldry, Balmerino
The opening of the Tay road bridge in 1966 ensured Dundee became easily accessible from north-east Fife.
Tayport, Newport-on-Tay and Wormit are strung along the estuary's southern bank hillside, enjoying spectacular views over the river and the two bridges. Away from the waterfront are villages like Gauldry and Balmerino, with the latter's beauty and ruined 13th Century abbey celebrated in verse by William McGonagall. It enjoys Conservation Area status.
Newport was briefly christened "New Dundee" by Guildrymen who financed development plans. The pier and inn date back to 1715 with a Telford-designed harbour built in 1820.
Tayport rubs up against the Tentsmuir Nature Reserve and is home to Scotscraig Golf Club. In times past it was known as Ferry-port on Craig, before the Victorian railway line arrived in the 1850s.
These communities may look towards Dundee for "big city" amenities but easily accessible Cupar and St Andrews also provide secondary school educational and shopping options.